CMBO technical problem

Here is the riddle for the day...first my system specs.

WinXP

Asus p4te mobo

Geforce 4 ti 4400

santa cruz sound card

1.8 gig hz P4

512 mb rd ram with ecc

I think the problem i'm having mabe related ot me downloading virtual machine for win xp i'm guessing, but i can't play CMBO.

I do the alt-tab a bunch of itmes and still a no go out of the blue, also i don't get the set up picture, only tiny lettering wich turns into fucnky lettering when i keep alt-tabing.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated, i can play CMBB, and all my other games so i'm a little bit confused.

I've also ran a virus check and un installed and re-installedf the game with the same thing happening, i get a wierd drum roll, black screen, it only syas version 1.12 in tiny letters and click for main screen in tiny letters in a totaly black background, strange...could this be caused from a scratched disk possibly?

[ September 08, 2002, 09:48 PM: Message edited by: Gaylord Focker ]

Have you updated your video drivers recently ? What version are you running ? I suggest deleting the Prefs file and reselecting your resolution and see how CMBO behaves then (as in getting errors in selecting a resolution).

Are you running any tweaking programs for your video card ?

I don't know why the "Virutal Machine" should make a difference here unless it corrupted files on your hard drive since it is only a Java Interpreter (which is most often associated with webpages).

It may come down to uninstalling your video drivers and reinstalling them.