ASUS V 6800 video driver problem

Hy ,

I have the above driver running on win XP.

I am running version 3.79 ( of the driver) and have only had minor problems.

The v14 had major ugly problems and probably made CM unable to be played.

I was wondering if ASUS uses a NVIDA driver as its main base? If so can someone PLEASE tell me what to dowload driver wise so i can get this bundle of crap to work smile.gif ))

Thank you,

Eric

ASUS does use the NVidia drivers. I've heard of some weird problems with using the NVidia Reference drivers with some ASUS GeForces in the past, but I don't know if any of them were accurate accounts.

I have emailed you the 22.80 drivers (hopefully you should get it today). These should work.

The 3.79 drivers would have been the first Win2K (and XP ?) compatible drivers from NVidia. Drivers after the 7.xx series had FSAA problems because NVidia changed some of the routines in order to make them faster (but causing a problem within CM). This FSAA problem didn't clear up until the 21.xx and later drivers (the 14.xx helped in Win2K, but not Win9x/ME). The 'white transparency' problem has existed in all iterations of the Win2K/XP drivers from NVidia. When you run in 32-bit color you can either ESC or Alt-Tab to the desktop and then remaximize CM and the white will be opaque. This works until you come back from a 3D screen to a 2D one, then the white is all messed up again.

Though it is a performance-drain I'd suggest running 4X FSAA to clear up some of the 'white transparency' problems inside the game itself.

Thanks for the drivers.

The white transparency issue is of minor importance.

CM just completely freezes and just plays music or says " you must instal the full instal , and cannot find CD ROM". I sent you the jpg of this.

Well I KNOW I did the full instal, and all other apps can find/ use the CD so all in all the information SUX...

The other problem is I don't knoiw how to install the new drivers as I cant upgrade from a previous NVIDIA driver as Idon't have one.

eric