Suppression of troops in buildings

Drusus

I have noticed that troops which are in buildings and are under fire seem to continue fighting effectively even if their suppression is maximum and they are panicked. For example I was testing the house cleaning mission, and I sprayed one floor with .50 area fire and some small arms fire, and still the conscript troops in that floor were able to return fire. Needles to say they were panicked and their suppression was maximum. I have had similar situations with US troops, too.

This is with v1.06.

Has anybody else noticed this? Maybe this is intentional?

Not exactly the same case, but I saw this opposite happening:

My MGS Stryker had received some damage to wheels and then some minor things. Probably because their vehicle could no longer move the crew had abandoned the Stryker. After some time when I noticed this I told the crew to jump back in, because the main gun was still functional. They did this and successfully destroyed at least one tank after this. Maybe it works differently in buildings?

I've been seeing this, too. Lack of suppression in general - those "hero" soldiers that continue to stand up and 'putt-putt' at the enemy while waves of fire are coming directly at them. I find myself often giving my troops "hide" orders to try and save those guys. I would rather have them go supressed than take casualties.