strange difficult curve?

I passed the first 5 mission in Elite/Wego and i must put here my 2 cents ;):D

First the missions variate from "goddamn hell, where i'am in" and still simple.

in one mission, number not named to avoid spoiler, i sitting around an waiting for unit to enter the battlefield ... uheee how excitingly. ok what buttered me down is, which value brings me AirSupport which needs up to 8 minutes to arrive if the battlefield could pass from one side to another in 5 minutes? if its my "target" to hunt for enemy's i'am expect immidiate firesupport, less than 5minutes elsewhere it's uselessen and i must use Javs und Tows... thats what i do

you mentioned it in the editormanual, give the player a clear few what he has to expect an whats coming. let the player run into a know fault, like "no Tanks in the target area" and then placing some..., only leads into a reload ...

ok but if is come to an battle it get's funny. so nothing realy to worry about.

whats irrate me is mission two. if you compare mission 4 and mission 2 there is a extremus gap between this both. in the whole m4 are less enemys placed as in the smale area arround one objective in m2. Furthermore ist quite simple to get into the town under cover. i managed it, to get in and clear the objective without one lose even with these "suprising elements". there is no matching with mission two.

if you take a look from the first trainings-mission until mission 5, without mission two, there is a nice linear increasing difficulty. with every mission it gets harder and finaly in mission 4 you have to profe, what you train in the last trainingsmission, but under managable conditions.

Mission two should be placed more behind this ones, couse there you need defently more skill to get through ore the MOUT-szenario should be extends around 3 more mission witch trains CloseCombat/HouseCombat a little bit more

Yeah, I know what you're talking about. Why have airstrikes if the enemy is going to cruise all over the map? I crashed the first time, so the next I planned an airstrike and managed to wipe out the entire Mech. Infantry platoon with one hit. Lucky. I was out of Javelins and TOWs.

There's also the mission that can be won almost solely by shelling the town...

I'll have Syria move the airbase immediately. smile.gif

In all seriousness, the campaign is based on real terrain. People have completed the mission with only a few WIAs. There are threads posted with what tactics they used. Remember, just because it was difficult for you, doesn't mean it was difficult for everyone.

Rune

Originally posted by rune:

I'll have Syria move the airbase immediately. smile.gif

In all seriousness, the campaign is based on real terrain. People have completed the mission with only a few WIAs. There are threads posted with what tactics they used. Remember, just because it was difficult for you, doesn't mean it was difficult for everyone.

Rune

i'll think you mised the point. I don't mentioned that this mission is unsolvable ore extremly difficult. it dosn't matter to me how many wia's / kia'S someone get or not. what's this topic about is, that mission two doesn't fit in die difficult level wich is defined trough mission 1 and mission 3 wich ar quite simple.

Originally posted by rune:

And you missed the point, other people didn't think it was hard at all.

Rune

ehm we speaking about two different things. You says "not hard at all", i place the mission in connection to 1 and 3. Ok you say its all quite simple but even then mission two need some more "thinkabout" than the pure running trough in mission 3, specaly if you want to take minimum loses

sgt goody,

One of them is done, the other is almost done. It may be included with the patch. it was based on a real situation that never developed, but Imperial Grunt can fill you in with it more if he chooses. It WILL slow you down, and the other I am working on will also do to a forest. I just have to finish the AI plans on that one.

Raptor,

I agree it takes more thinking, but it forces you to use proper military tactic, and is not a "puzzle" type scenario that some complain about. How you attack is completely up to you, also hopefully had some "cool" moments in it as well.

Rune