So... first campaign mission: Tips? **SPOILER**

Right so I was playing the first mission, which was, truth be told, a tad bit boring, as I just that there with my abrams slowly blowing the crap out of everything from that little artificial hill thing that spanned the length of the map.

Anyways, is there anyway to just order my tanks to obliterate the buildings/blow holes through (fairly thin) cement walls? As soon as I moved my forces in, they were almost instantly ambushed by a flurry of RPGs and I lost my entire platoon (and yes I was being very cautious). This is after having bombarded the place for 20 minutes with 155mm artillery. I recognize that yes artillery can't take out infantry in every nook and cranny of a building, but how do I simply blow the place to shreds and then move in (as a abrams platoon certainly could in RL)? It's not like the place I'm attacking is a city full of civilians, it's a desert fort, so who cares what the carnage is.

[ July 28, 2007, 06:27 AM: Message edited by: Moon ]