A promising game that I like

Hi all

noob memeber here just calling in to say hi to all and that I think this game has great promise if supported with the patches in a timely manner.

Well done BF devs :D .

Obviously the game was released at little early with the bugs and all :( but I think it is fair to say that most games are being thrown out early lately :mad: .

The big thing is how fast the immediate needed patches are releaed and the commitment by the devs to continual improvement :cool: .

Hopefully the community can pump some talent into a already talented base game.

I have played the previous titles and have had the paradox CD version for a few days now.

Personally, I love the paradox games and from what I have seen, they have always been improved over time so despite the demand for early releases etc, I think Paradox are pretty cool to go into business with. (Man would I love a cross between HOI Doomsday and CM they could charge £300 and I would get it)

Anyway

enough of the dev butt kissing,

Release the next patch NOW (then I will rank you along with the devs from Silent Hunter 3 whom despite a dodgy game i the early days, left so much open to the community, the mods are wicked)

Hey gouldjg ... or should I say wilkommen Herr Kaleun?

I recall you doing some really wicked mods for SHIII. Thank you for that!

Welcome to this here fine asylum. Please hang around and when you feel that nasty modding frenzy rolling through your vains ... well then don't hold back!

All the best

Frans

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I did do a few mods on damage model etc but spent most of my time testing the AI sensors. Funny you mention it as I just got sh3 again and am thinking of adding a randomising script to go with sh3 comander after release of greywolves 1.4.

Anyway,

I think we are not allowed to mod the core of this game and I am no good unless it is simple hex and notepad data files to fiddle with.

Just have a hunch this game will get bigger and better over time. Getting old now and only have a few games that I bother to invest my money and time in playing.

I like the modern approach but like others, cannot wait to see a WW2 version. That said, I do hope the modern side is not dropped in favour of going back to WW2. And bring a Brit pack into it.

I like the editor and maybe could create maps/missions in time.

In the meantime, I am learning the game and eagerly awaiting the next patch. Come on BF, give me more.