Bring back the old QBs, I beg you!

I would love to pick my own units and have randomly generated maps. This combo makes for truly awesome human vs human games.

Picking units allows players to develop their own doctrines and really experiment. More rigid interfaces are simply less fun as players cannot be unpredictable. They are also not as realistic as units rarely stick to their pre-war TOEs and cross attach until they have the forces needed to get the job done.

I don't care that random maps are not realisitic looking. They adds variety and creates all sorts of cool tactical conundrums. Playing on the same maps over and over will get old.

I disagree. A better scenario builder is not a sub for random maps, etc. A forum/lib for fan scenarios is not even close.

I would 'vastly' prefer the old quick battles/random maps to all of the above even with plus free expansion pack or two.

Seriously, I still play random battles of all three of the other games but have not d/l a fan build scen or made one of my own in years.