Enhancements I'd like to see

1)Clearer announcement of when reinforcements arrive. In the heat of battle I often miss it, and only find them maybe by chance. Don't know how long they've been sat there. In some cases they've taken losses because they're in enemy LOS and I'd not given orders. So something more eyecatching onscreen, or maybe an audio message, would really help.

2) A clickable minimap of the entire battlefield, as per TOW et al, for instant orientation. Down at ground level it can be tough sometimes to know where you are.

3) More campaigns. One is never enough (even though I've not completed it yet). And playable both ways.

btw although 1.02 patch has made a slight difference, I still get some mouse lag and on big maps jerky camera movement. On a rig like mine it shouldn't happen.

This game is fantastically absorbing. Great atmosphere , sometimes (not always) really tough battles. Some great new player scenarios arriving. (Check out Kieme's Battle for Assad Airport. A monster!) Yes, maybe SF was released just a little too soon in terms of ironing out bugs and polishing up some aspects of gameplay and AI, which is a pity as some potential customers will have been put off by less than glowing reviews. But Jeez, it rocks! A little more fine tweaking will make it the hottest wargame for years. Future's looking bright.

Intell E6600 C2D 2.4Ghz

2Gig RAM

NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GT Driver 93.71

Windows XP Media Center Edition SP2 (build 2600)

[ August 12, 2007, 04:26 AM: Message edited by: handihoc ]

Hot button compass. So that when you click it, your camera angle jumps to the heading you've clicked. I would like to be able to Ctrl-click a point on the map to jump to it, then click the compass to change my heading w/o having to wait for the camera to pan.

If the clickable mini-map is implemented, I think it would be nice to use click-drag for a reposition event: click one gives you the position, then the drag gives you the heading.

Vastly improved AI

Glitch free camera movement

Improved and intuitive UI

Contextual Menu's

Tooltips

Improved Manual

LOS/LOF

Greatly Improved vehicle Pathfinding

Group Formations

Adjustable Artillery

Fixed graphic bugs

Terrain blending

MG Deployment fixes

Improved Sound

Improved building entry pathfinding (Inf)

But No1. All dual core / GFX issues resolved.

:(

Originally posted by handihoc:

Clearer announcement of when reinforcements arrive. In the heat of battle I often miss it, and only find them maybe by chance.

1) I second that

2) A "Show All Movement Paths" option. Right now I spend a lot of time correcting movement paths to avoid vehicles overlapping.

3) A "Correct way points" option

4) An option for...There are many other enhancements I would like to see but that's all for now.

In spite the frustrations caused by its present problems ( AI, path finding , LOS/LOF...), I become more and more immersed by Shock Force and the time I spend to play the game grows everyday. Reminds me the times when I started to play CMBO back in 2000. According the past record of Battlefront I am quite confident that Shock Force will be tweaked and polished and become a masterpiece .

Thanks for a great game, BF.

Khane