To all my Combat Mission Commanders

Originally posted by J Ruddy:

I keep my hatred in a box in my basement.

My prejudice is sitting in a tree in Northern Ontario watching for forest fires.

My youthful idealism committed suicide many many years ago and my sense of moral superiority has deteriorated into middle class hypocrisy.

My political beliefs live in my back pocket and often make an appearance after I've had a few drinks.

I wear my intellectual snobbery just under my ISAF ballcap and my arrogance behind my left ear.

The only absolute truth in life is there are no absolute truths.

Why is the American Revolution now referred to the American war for independence?

What do you get when you cross an Elephant with a Rhino?

Elephino!

My hatred walks a lonely furrow in the marianas trench. Digging, always digging.

The last tatters of my sense of aesthetics have caught in a tree and flap rhythmically in the slightest breeze. People come to watch as tiny strips float downwind.

My sense of civic pride is on a stake out.

My knowledge of right and wrong swears it didn't do it for the love of god it didn't do it.

Humour was last seen in the 70's, looking strained at even wider flairs - where's the sense, I mean come on?

My sense has been safely kept under lock and key by the ladies of the WI. "JERUSALEM!"

Any last vestige of self respect sulks in the garden and won't come in.