Dismount weirdness

I've noticed that troops given a move command while mounted doesn't always give the desired results. Here's a good example:

Stryker moves up next to a building and a move command is given for the squad to unload and move into the building. The first thing that happens is the troops perform the standard dismount (as per SOP) with half the troops on one side of the vehicle and half on the other side. Then the squad attempts the move command which is when things can get fubar. The team on the same side as the move commands direction will normally move directly into the building but the team on the opposite side will normally run around the front of Stryker exposing themselves to incoming fire.

I have had this occur on several occasions and in a heated fire fight will normally get that team killed or severely crippled. The following are two options for handling this situation:

Option 1.

Stryker stops at the dismount location and a move order is given. If the move direction is to the right of the vehicle (2 to 5 o'clock) then the entire squad performs a dismount right before moving out. If the move direction is to the left of the vehicle (7 to 11 o'clock) then the squad does a dismount left before moving out. If the move direction is directly to the rear (5 to 7 o'clock) or front (11 to 2 o'clock) then the squad does the standard dismount with half the squad on one side and half the squad on the other side. If a dismount order is given then the squad performs the standard dismount.

Option 2.

Add a dismount right or dismount left command to the interface and let the user determine dismount direction.

I would prefer option 1 as it feels more intuitive and would require less micro management but I believe either option would work. Anyone else have an idea on how to deal with this tac AI behavior?