Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Squads moving forward on their own initiative?

After a week of bitchy work days, I tried to resume my AAR and loaded my saved scenario.

I have to clear a suburb from irregulars and I have a Bradley Infantry Plt (all hidden from the enemy by tall buildings). I am playing the scenario in RT, mucho macho Elite Level.

I order one of the Bradleys to fire on one of the enemy-held buildings (RPG team there). I left the dismounts behind the cover of the buildings, out of sight of the enemy. Regrettably, the RPG team fires back and my Bradley is destroyed.

While I was swearing in anger over this unfortunate turn of events, I see one of the squads moving forward to take positions in a building that oversees enemy positions. I don't recall giving them an order to move forward. I don't think it was an accidental click on something, because out of curiosity I click on that squad and I see that they have a move order to the roof of that building (that requires two clicks).

I reckon I was half dead tired and that I am not good reading manuals. I tried to search the forum but found no reference to initiative.

Is this type of things implemented in the game or I just need a stronger brand of coffee?

I apologize for the spam if the later is the case. But I really want to know. Your help is appreciated.

I remember seeing it once, at Veteran level.

Boy, did I panic when my whole carefully arranged platoon suddenly started to advance towards the enemy!

So, it definitely happens every now and then. Whether it is a bug or a feature I unfortunately do not know!

Best regards,

Thomm

Ey Thomm, thanks!

Good to know I am not crazy.

Because of their action, the squad ruined the whole operation. But I am not complaining, their rushed move fitted perfectly to the mood I was in after the loss of my IFV.

P/S: are you the same guy who made those wonderful ground shadings for "that other" real time 3D tactical game?

I noticed one of my sniper squads doing this. I had just used them to spot some arty and the next turn they crawled to the other side of the little hill I had them posted on.

I don't know if they were trying to get a better view or not but they ended up laying prone on the enemy side of the hill. I don't know if I was just lucky or not but no one seemed to notice them.