Defend

frog7

HI frog7

Quick Battles require a little work to get them working. At first, I played with the maps that came with the game and it was like you said. Not very satisfying.

However, after playing around with the scenario editor I have started creating my own QB maps. As long as you put some thought into your AI plams, you can have them do pretty much anything that enemy units in a scenario will do.

Like you, I bought from Paradox and am waiting for the patch before playing the scenarios so instead, I'm spending most of my time drawing maps for QBs. I am currently working on an Open Terrain meeting QB which is best played as Red side and I've written 5 AI plans, three general with different objectives in mind, one hugely aggressive attack and one passive one. It still requires a bit of work but playtesting it is a lot of fun. I can tell you that it is WAY better than the QB in CMx1 games.

Yes, editing the AI scrips using the editor for the battles work. I edited the AI script for a single mission to make them attack the objective quickly. The original AI plan was to assault the main objective with just one order. I set orders2 as a staging area where they use a quick move to get there. then orders3 will assault the main objective. As a result, the enemy will be in the vicinity of the objective in about 2 minutes and an intense firefight will then occur. I also made several plans to keep the staging areas variable. I will upload this mission for everyone to play soon.

My only problem with QB is the force selection as I can fix the AI myself. I still can't figure that one out as it sometimes results into unbalanced and weird selections.

Jomni:

yes, I'm getting very good results with the variable staging areas for each attack plan. It makes defending an objective a lot more difficult. Look forward to seeing your map sometime. I will upload my map sometime later this week after I've tweaked the AI.

After that, I'll probably make a scenario out of the situation because the map is quite nice, even if it was really easy to make. Just have to figure out a good balance of forces to make it interesting.

I want it to be a Blue Attack, best played by the Red side because Red's CC is much poorer than Blue's and can be quite challenging for the player.