Can't install v1.01 patch.

somazx

I just re-installed CMBB to re-aquaint myself with this fine game before CMAK comes out, but when I go to install the 1.01 patch it tells me:

"No Installation of Combat Mission 2 was found"

Thought it was maybe because I installed CMBB into E:\CMBB instead of C:\Program Files\CMBB - so I reinstalled CMBB, this time to the default location... but the same thing from the patch. I've ran the game, began a scenario... just in case running the game would setup the registry values or something... didn't help.

Wha'sup?

It sounds like you have the CDV version of the game or you're applying the CDV patch to the Battlefront/Internet version of the game. I believe, but I'm not sure, that the CDV version installs to a different directory than the Battlefront version.

CM doesn't install any registry entries (though I don't know about the CDV installation process).

I'd initially guess that you're using the wrong patch version for the game that you have.

"Combat Mission 2" is the name that CDV game CMBB. It appears that you've downloaded the wrong patch if you're getting that message. The CDV executable has a different name and the patch looks for it - giving you that error message.

Click on the 'Downloads' listing in the upper left hand corner of the forum/main page and this will take you to a page with all three patches on it. All three need to be installed (in order) - in other words you can't install 1.03 by itself and have CMBB work properly without first applying the other two patches.