Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Just seen a fireteam acquire an MMG!

I was playing the Al Ammarah scenario today and lots of my squads had become split after some heavy fighting and manoeuvring. I started merging the split units back into whole squads but one "C" team just didn't want to merge with its parent squad. That's when I noticed, the "C" team had become an MMG team. It had the MMG silhouette in its info panel, just like a regular MMG team. Some time during the battle it must have found an abandoned M240B lying on the battlefield and picked it up, in the process becoming an MMG team.

I thought this was so cool I had to share!

Yeah that is cool. True to there word BFC have made troops pick-up fallen comrades weapons much more prevalent.

Wait till you end up with two RPG's or two Jav's in one squad....complete with spare ammo that was lying around.

Now...if only I could tempt my Syrians to pick up M4's from fallen US troops when they are out of ammo....

That IS cool! :cool:

Thanks for the info Cpl Steiner.

Would be nice to know how to do this on a regular basis. I got a Javelin team killed before they could fire the weapon even once and did not know if sending another team to the area would make them pick up the Javelin.

I'll do a test and see what happens.

--

Nah...it's just anyone, anytime, anywhere. No speed difference I could see.

My CO's tend to stay back and hold formations together rather than charge about. So they get used as emergency splinter pullers and band-aid attachers.

I sometimes move another squad over a depleted squad just to hoover up goodies once the incoming fire is subdued.