Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Side Switching - Bug

So, i've finally after many months gone ahead and reinstalled CMSF. I've played a few rounds, and everything is good to go for the most part. The last three times i've started a map (quick battle) i've chosen red to defend, set up my troops and hit the go button, and then when the rounds starts i'm switched to to the other side and am playing as the other team. Whats going on here? Am i missing something?

hammelman,

Bug, or previously unknown implementation of the Jarmo Method? The Jarmo Method is a concept I came up with during the Invitational Tourney to limit uber force purchases by raising the specter that you might wind up having to fight the force you so carefully cherry picked.

Sides were assigned, forces were bought, then sent to the Tourney director, who flipped a coin to determine whether you fought with what you just bought or wound up fighting it with what the other person bought. In the latter case, perfect intelligence was more than offset by abject terror. Simple, to be sure, but it instantly drove force buys to more rational picks. Jarmo liked the idea, so he and I were the first, that I know of, to use this method for balancing a CM Quick Battle.

Regards,

John Kettler