Weird CMBO Visuals/White Screen

Whenever I play CMBO I'll start out and I use 'bases' on the soldiers so that I can identify them easier. The bases are strange colored sometimes, Sometimes they're white and others will be orange.....It's confusing because I watch my friend play and they're all green. Also another problem is that when i pres alt+s to save the screen will go ALL WHITE except for the center where you select the file name. When I press 'GO' to run the next turn the middle center of the screen will turn white, this is the section that normally shows the loading. Basically it's where the loading bars are turn all white. I don't know what it is.....I've got a 1.2 Ghz Athlon, Radeon 7500 w/ 2.5 Catalysts, 512 Megs Ram, Windows 98.......

look below on this page - a few topics down is a post with a title catalyst drivers for radeon - argh

according to that post, the catalyst 2.3's are the latest drivers you can run w/o problems

or so the author claims - i've not tested it

rather i got rid of my radeon vid card and swore to never buy another one - it may be a minor thing, but i found it beyond annoying that after all these years of knowing it, ATI still puts out cards with drivers that don't support fog

Maybe you should ask him then.

Several people have had problems with Catalysts newer than 2.3. Maybe it's the AGP chipset or drivers; maybe it's some Microsoft security/functionality patch; maybe its some esoteric combination of software; maybe the problem doesn't occur below some certain resolution; maybe it's not a problem in 32-bit color...

OK here's a list of ALL of my problems and maybe, just maybe someone knows, not gueses but actual tech support.

1)The bases of the men(ie Shift+B) are distorted. Some are white, some are miscolored(ie orange)

2) when i press "GO" the 'loading' or blue bars that go up as the computer thinks are white. there are two bars, the initial one and the second one. When the initial one starts sometimes the whole screen turns white and I can't see the blue bar go up. The second bar going up will also be white in this occasion. Sometimes this doensn't happen but occasionally they are.

3) when squads are throwing nades at each other they are white, sometimes but most often. It's gotta be a glitch or something.

4)when I select a unit and press "Enter" to find out their characteristics, the backround of the pop-up is all white, and this prohobits me from reading the stats.

That is all that I can remember now, can someone PLEASE help me? I've tried reinstalling many times and it's not helping.....what do I do?

ATI web site has them:

http://www.ati.com/support/products/pc/radeon8500/winxp/radeon8500winxpdrivers.html?cboOS=Windows+XP&cboProducts=RADEON+8500LE&cmdNext=GO%21

and yes, at 5.4mb on a dial-up it'll take awhile to d/l, but you can set it up to d/l and go to bed smile.gif

as for why to try them, because others here have gotten them to work - i'm not speaking from personal experience mind you, because i've sworn off ATI due to lack of fog - but as i said, others have indicated that the 2.3's work

your choice as to whether to try them