Scenario Editor : Parameters

Looks like you can set up points that mimic "political" victories. That is if the US losses are "too high" or they destroy "too" many building etc.. Am I seeing this correct?

I just edited a small clearing the town scenario I made by adding some TOW AFVs. That changed the battle completely. They blew up 8/10 buildings in 10 minutes. Without them the enemy insurgents on the roof tops were really tough. But blowing up the town may not be the right tactic in the political sense.

Any threads on this?

Kevin

I've included some limited representation of this in my "Village of Trouble" scenario in the form of "Preserve" territorial objectives for Blue and low Enemy Loss thresholds for Red. It seems a very useful tool for limiting the otherwise overwhelming firepower advantage of Blue in combat with unconventional forces. I still need to do further experimentation to see just how it can be best utilized.

How cool is that ? Even in video games the US Army has its hands tied by politics. Imagine the horror of a modern army, with ancient world morals.

The conflict in Iraq would be over in a week. We'd level the cities, salt the crop lands, enslave the populace to work in our massive oil refineries, and then build huge monuments to our victory.

Does anyone remember the ROE card they handed out in Kuwait ?

"On order: I will engage hostile forces and designated military targets with appropriate levels of force."

"I will not target civillians, enemy infrastructure (including bridges, roads, power plants, railroads, etc), mosques, hospitals, or cultural monuments unless it is for the protection of myself, my unit, friendly forces, coalition property, or to prevent civillians from serious bodily harm such as murder or rape"

I wish I still had that thing.

Originally posted by Bradley Dick:

Imagine the horror of a modern army, with ancient world morals.

The conflict in Iraq would be over in a week. We'd level the cities, salt the crop lands, enslave the populace to work in our massive oil refineries, and then build huge monuments to our victory.

Well, there are lot of current wars that look like that; ok, not the monument part and not that much for the sleeving but in a similar mood. Only that are not fought (most times) by occidental powers, or there is little direct involvement of their armies (to the public eye, anyway). Do not count Russia, just see Chechenia etc with leveling of entire cities.

So if you want to make some scenarios which follow this 'style' with the current Red units you can represent quite a few of them.