Turn Times

Er. . . BFC has already announced that CMSF is going to playable in conntinous real time, rather than WEGO. I don't recall the details, but Steve announced this several months ago. I'm sure a search for posts by the BFC biggies will turn up the details.

So you should be able to just play with whatever "turn time" you think appropriate, by pausing the game at whatever interval you think appropriate.

But I wouldn't count on this making the game "rely less on the AI". BFC has already intimated that the new engine is going to include much more detailed modeling of C&C issues. So while you might be able to issue an order whenever you damn please, you may find it takes quite a while for the order to actually get "around the horn," and for the a unit actually execute a new command.

Cheers,

YD

Originally posted by YankeeDog:

[QB] Er. . . BFC has already announced that CMSF is going to playable in conntinous real time, rather than WEGO.

No, what they said is that they were going to try to do both WEGO and realtime with WEGO for 2 minutes turns if I recall correcly

But, they also said the game will be out by the end of Spring ....Ok ok I'll shut up :confused:

Our statments are not contradictory; I said that it was going to be "playable in continuous real time, rather than WEGO." I did not exclude the possiblity that it would *also* be playable in WEGO mode.

My recollection agrees with yours; that BFC's last statement on the matter implied that the game would be playable both ways.

But, as you note, that was a long time ago, and things could well have changed by now. . .