Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Moving casualties?

I would really love to be able to move my seriously wounded men, albeit slowly and probably with some risk to the wounded. If you could add that to the wishlist, BFC, I'd appreciate it.

Also, a question... can men get battle treatment from troops in other squads? I've heard both negative and affirmative. I've yet to see men from one squad providing battle treatment to another, though.

Combat Mission: Med Evac? Yeah, aint going to happen tongue.gif

But speaking of casualties... did you know that troops can give firstaid to casualties from other squads?

medicscg1.th.jpg

The selected squad was moved into that building about a minute after the first batch got wiped out.

That's pretty cool, didn't realize first-aid was modeled in quite this much detail. Perhaps CM:Med Evac is still a possibility after all ;)

Well I'll give Steve and the others at BFC some kudos for foresight on this thread, they saw this coming. I remember specifically that they had reservations about how casualties would be modeled, because as soon as they were shown and first aid was performed, people would want to do other things with them, like CASEVAC

i would also like to see a possibility to move red guys wich require budy aid but fell just outside of a building or so. lets say it would just work in reasonable are(20m or so), a "retrieve buddy" command wich sends a man to the wounded and he gets draged to the squads center point. abstracted or not, i dont know, it would be hard to implement i think so i doesnt have high hopes for moving casualties.

Originally posted by rlg85:

Well I'll give Steve and the others at BFC some kudos for foresight on this thread, they saw this coming. I remember specifically that they had reservations about how casualties would be modeled, because as soon as they were shown and first aid was performed, people would want to do other things with them, like CASEVAC

How very true... personally I was very contempt with the way casualties were handled in CMx1 ...i.e. not at all. To add any more detail would simply mean more micromanagement, which is exactly the opposite of what BFC is trying to accomplish.

I definitely don't want to add work for the guys at BFC. Just gotta get them to fix their leaky abstractions. smile.gif

I too love the fact that I can provide aid and virtually get my wounded evac'd. It makes me feel good as a commander. On the other hand, not being able to drag them out of the street they fell in is nasty both psychologically and in-game. I want to provide aid, but my buddy-aid guys WILL get killed if I let them crouch out there.

Perhaps a "stretcher team" administrative command for large units? Might be too complicated.