Customized controls?

I have been trying the demo, but the controls are just too out of whack for me as a left handed player. According to the manual, the WASD and the arrow keys are both forward, back, left, and right. In fact, the WASD keys control move forward, back, left and right, and the arrow keys move the camera angle up and down. This makes it difficult to move around the map and such without weird hand movements. Is there any way to remap or customize the control scheme?

Look into your demo Data folder. There is a file there called hotkeys.txt which you can modify the key assignments with. I also included some comments in that file which tell you which function is controlled by which key. Not all of keys and commands can be remapped though but all of the ones listed in that file can be.

BE CAREFUL WITH THAT FILE THOUGH, if you omit an entry and put it in wrong the demo will no longer load battles properly!

That goes for the full version as well but in our next patch/demo we will make the game a lot better about being "tolerant" to mistakes in that file.

Madmatt

I would urge that some way be found to reassign everything as hotkeys (like the current g = target, b=quick, n = face, which I believe is not in the manual). My count shows somewhat under 30 actual combat commands among the 4 menus, and a few of those (aquire, split options) more rarely used could stay in menus along with the arty, etc. Therefore a person could have all commands ready at a single key touch, rather than finding the right menu and then finding the key. After 25 combat commands, there's still plenty of keys for view commands if not using the mouse for everything.