REFORGER '86 project

Originally posted by gibsonm:

Are they supposed to be GDR Resistance fighters or FRG Resistance fighters?

They supposed to be just Resistance Fighter. They can fight against Soviets and also against US. It's your choice how you name them in your scenario.

Originally posted by gibsonm:

If the later why do they have AK’s?

Because I don't have anything else to give them. Engine limitations - rebels have AK's and I can't change that.

Originally posted by birdstrike:

Have you removed the whole molle texture? This would explain the lack of "crap". ;)

Yup. It's only way to delete Camelback from model, because making transparent only one thing on the texture isin't working (eh, .bmp format). But I'll try to add some pouches textures and it will look better. ;)

Ah yes, I had the exact same problem with that. Have you tried one of the following options:

(Don't know what program you're using - I'm using gimp, but it should basically work in a similar fashion)

1st option:

- apply alpha channel to original bmp

- cut out the area you want transparent (for example the camelback)

- save as 32-bit bmp.

or

2nd option:

- select the area you want transparent

- fill the selected area with a single color

- add the fill-color to alpha

-save as 32-bit bmp.

hope that helps.

Yes, I've tried these options before and it isn't works for me - When I save texture in 32bits texture dissapear totally (in both options), and when I save in 24bits instead camelback i have white, untextured parts of the models. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, maybe It's my program or maybe it's just a game. I don't know.

Anyway, Thanks for help. I'm a newbie in texturing and I'm still learnig so any hints are always helpfull.