AT-4 in action

mazex,

Had no idea the Hell's Angels were to be found in Sweden. Who knew?

flamingknives,

Overpressure is explicitly part of the kill mechanism for shaped charge weapons. Indeed, some were designed for enhanced overpressure in order to increase their lethality. Naturally, overpressure is a much bigger player in a buttoned tank or enclosed bunker than it is in more open air environments, where the jet, liner and spall become the primary kill mechanisms. I, too, have read of a driver who lost a leg when a Sagger hit the front of a Centurion during the Yom Kippur War, disabling the tank, but leaving the rest of the crew alive. It all depends on what's in the path of the jet's shotline and how much overpenetration there is as well. I don't remember the numbers off the top of my head, but Hughes had extensive interior pressure rise measurements for open and buttoned AFVs as part of its development of the state of the art automatic fire detection and suppression system fitted to the M1 and Bradley. As for your sally,

"Just what you see, buddy."

Regards,

John Kettler