Scn. Ed. Setup AI Question

When creating a scenario I can't get the AI to set up its forces properly. The red units are in group 1 (as per default), I only use one plan in the AI, I paint a yellow setup zone for the group, I make sure that zone is within the red setup zone and I place all the units within the red setup zone. But when I run the scenario the units simply stay excactly where I left them in the editor and not in the AI setup zone for that group. The computer hasn't changed anything.

What am I missing here? Shouldn't the AI place the units inside the assigned zone according to the plan? The units don't even turn to face the enemy's side of the map, or nothing. Thanks in advance.

as far is i expirienced, you dont need a setup zone for AI. in my work in progress scenario i erased all AI players setup zones. i found when they set up themselfs they arent as good placed as i placed em ;)

just go to "deploy red" in the units section, and put em where they should start.

Thanks. Well, my point is that I don't want to place the comp's units, since then I'll know where they are...

I wanted to be able to mark good setup areas for the AI (houses, trenches, reverse slopes, etc) but then have it do a unique setup each time I load the scenario. I thought that was the point of having setup zones.