Freeze ups and graphics corruptions on Demo: iMac

iMac G-3 running system 9.0 [sic]

On citadel, the tundra changes darkness during scrolling and sometimes goes 'psychadelic' near the upper right corner of the screen.

Yelnia, and Tutorial scenarios freeze up after between 5-15 turns, always. Starting the autosave doesn't help, the next turn or two also freezes up.

Anyone recognize this?

I did notice some of the ground tiles flipping between different dark colors when panning around, but nothing crazy. And only when at level 2 or above. Not at level 1. I just figured it's the lack of VRAM and not being able to get all the textures it wants.

Could you try and take a screenshot of the wilder texture problems and either post it here or email it to me so I can post for others to look at?

I've played on an iBook with 8MB VRAM and iMacDV (slot loading) with 8MB and it seems to run as well as CMBO for me. Now if BFC would only not force software rendering into 640x480 so I could play it from within OSX!! smile.gif

Originally posted by karch:

I did notice some of the ground tiles flipping between different dark colors when panning around, but nothing crazy. And only when at level 2 or above. Not at level 1.

That was exactly it.

I've taken some screenshots of some of the psychedelic stuff. P-base is still processing them, so they'll be up in a bit.

[ September 05, 2002, 01:34 PM: Message edited by: CMplayer ]