Is PBEM file loading a recognised problem??

Ady

Hiya, I was wondering if this problem was being worked on. I have tried two different machines and had the same problem as follows..... When loading a saved PBEM file it gets to 50% and then it freezes. I have to tab out and close the non responding CMSF down. It is not all files just some of them. I thought it was good old vista but tried it on XP today and same thing. Setup is Sony Vaio intel core duo 2gig, 2gig ddr2 sdram nvidia geforce go 7600 gt and vista home.... I tried it on my daughters similar XP laptop also a vaio and same problem.....

Any thoughts advice appreciated.. All other games work and load fine

Ady

There may be a file corruption issue when dl to inbound save. Your immediate solution is to overwrite to your inbound save and try again. It has happened to me several times but not to my opponents. Normally once is enough. Last night third time is a charm. Each time I have had that problem I was able to get it to work.

If BFC is not aware of this then certainly they'll see your post.

Thanks for the reply. My opponent just sent me the file again as a zip file. I then copy pasted the file into the folder and now it works fine. Your explanation above must be the issue. One little confusing note is with all the messing around when I load CMSF now the info bar at the bottom is larger and stretched into wide-screen. Not a huge problem but a bit odd. Thanks again for the reply Ady