MacOS 9.2.1 and CM 1.12

rum

Hello all.

After upgrading to MacOS 9.2.1 my Combat Mission crashing at launch.

It is occur before as soon as i launching it, the screen going black and then "Error type 2". It was working fine on MacOS 9.1

This problem is always reproducable on both comp, home G4/400 512 RAM MacOS 9.2.1 NVidia 2 MX, and office G4/466 256 RAM MacOS 9.2.1 ATI RAPE Pro 16 Mb.

Any tips/suggestion? May be it is type for CM 1.13 release?

I don't know if there are new RAVE or OpenGL extensions with OS 9.2.1. You may want to check your System folder to see what is loading up. I heard something about a new OpenGL 1.2.2 extension and I'm wondering if going back to 1.2.1 would help or not.

I would also suggest deleting your CM prefs file (if you haven't done so already) and attempt to select a new resolution in CM.

Here's a recent thread from the General Forum where some Mac-heads were talking about OS 9.2.1:

http://www.battlefront.com/cgi-bin/bbs/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=9&t=001042

Some people have been able to run CM fine with OS 9.2.1, while others have had problems. Right now BTS is suggesting that you don't use/install OS 9.2.1 with CMBO due to some of the issues some players are running into (including problems with some very popular games other than CM).

Thanks for info, Madmatt.

I have installed 9.2.1 because many Open-GL based games runs better on it. I am getting better framerates in WarBirds III and WWII Online. New NVidia drivers (2.3) and OpenGL 1.2.3 seems to be the reason.

Unfortuanly CMBO is not OpenGL-based, its QuickDraw 3D RAVE - based. And seems Apple gonna drop RAVE support soon :(

So i can play CMBO at my office comp (with ATI RAGE 128 card), but it is crashed on my home comp (NVidia card).

So im looking forward for new versions/patches smile.gif

OS 9.2.1 on a Pismo 500 here and having no problems whatsoever with CMBO or any other program for that matter. As with any system upgrade, I installed the 9.2.1 update with ALL extensions off. I have seen on some message boards lately people suggesting doing it with the Apple base extensions on, this would probably cause problems since the ATI/OpenGL drivers would be enabled under that config.