Jammed turret, but no damage subsection

c3k

Gents,

I got too close to the enemy with an Abrams (if ONLY my loader could man his machinegun. HEY! That was a joke! smile.gif )... Anyway, the enemy fired an RPG at it, effectively. It hit the right side of the tank.

The tank showed a yellow circle, "immobilized" on the unit interface, and under the maintenance button (the little white wrench) the only damage was "tracks", a red "x". Okay, pretty self explanatory so far.

I could continue to fire the turret armament at its current area target.

Soon, I tried a cover arc in a different direction. That was when I found out the turret would not traverse.

I am fine having a turret jam or the traverse syatem (and apparently elevation system, as well) get knocked out.

But, I had no information available that it had occurred. I can see smoke launcher status, etc., but not turret status. Cool damage tracker.

Is there a way of adding that information? Or, is it already available? If so, where?

Savegame available.

Regards,

Ken

the only time i saw a tank wich became a bunker, was with a T55 with damaged "targeting" "tracks" "weapon control". however, it was able to shoot its turret mounted 12.7mm when unbuttoned.

iam no expert here but i guess the old T55, as also modern tanks still have a manual traverse and elevation handle and can fire their gun "mechanicaly".

however i dont know if "weapon control" means "everything" wich moves the turrent and handles the weapon is gone, in that case.

in the end i was a bit puzzled if there is more damage than i could see in the list.

at that point i thought it could be really usefull to show "nothing" in the damage "tab" when "nothing" is damaged. i dont want to see whats good, but whats broken, and i have to filter that out of the list.

Bump and update:

I have since managed to immobilize many more tanks. (I claim I've done so under the guise of research, rather than tactical ineptitude!) During all such immob's NO other tank has had its turret jammed.

Again, wouldn't a jammed turret notification/maintenance item be useful to know about? If so, if it's rare, how should it be transmitted to the player?

Savegame available. (TF Thunder 1st mission)

Regards,

Ken

All,

I've just sent PM to Martin.

I must apologize. After running the savegames again, the turret would slew to engage targets. It did not, however, change its position to align with a covered arc. Arc at 9 o'clock, turret stayed at 12. I am left wondering why I have such clearcut memories, and decided to save a replay, with the lack of evidence in the savegame command files.

Regards,

Ken