Problem with NVidia Twinview always running

I seem to have developed a problem with my system (AMD Athlon 1800 with 256MB RAM & GeForce 3 Ti200) where it's now really struggling to run CMBB or CMAK no matter how small the scenario. My mouse pointer is constantly freezing & being incredibly erratic I assume due to a lack of processing power & the only thing I can think of that's caused it is a recurring message whenever I shut down my computer that appeared pretty much at the same time this problem arose.

Basically when I shut down my system I always get a message pop up requesting whether I wish to shut down NVidia Twinview prior to shutdown. I have no idea why Twinview should be running as I only use a single monitor and if I let the countdown bar progress to the point where it's finished shutting down NVidia Twinview it comes up with a further message that Twinview was unable to be shutdown for whatever reason (the message doesn't elaborate why not).

I'm completely baffled on this one but I'm assuming if I can discover a way for Twinview not to start up whenever I fire up my computer I'm hoping my erratic mouse problems will also dissappear as well.

Regards

Jim R.

I had problems with processing the newest nvidia utilities.

I would suggest using msconfig to remove the nvidia utilities from the startup list, that is if you don't use virtual desktops or the enhanced nvidia stuff.

The file is nwiz.exe on my pc. Don't remove nvcpldaemon cause I think it is the driver.

Alternatively revert to an older nvidia driver set, which may help.