Air Support Interface needs HELP!

c3k

First, I need to state how very easy CM:SF has made calling in arty and air support. It's fun.

I made a quick test scenario to teach myself how to call in air support. I made perfect dugin spotter terrain and placed a U.S. battalion hq element in a trench. I then (across the marsh smile.gif ) placed about 50 T-72's. I assigned one of every type of air support to the U.S. side.

Okay, fun and easy, right? Due to the massive number of support aircraft, I have no complaints about the amount of clicking I had to do.

Oh, what is my complaint???

HOW DO YOU TELL WHAT THE SUPPORT HAS??

Yes, CAS and Facs etc, communicate. How do I tell what they're carrying?

I noticed some elements had "+"s and some had bold "+"s. What does that mean? (Yeah, I read the PDF and the hardcopy manual.) What if it has a red "x"?

Basically, the GUI needs some more explanation.

On another note, something was dropping LARGE ordnance. (2,000 pounders?) Oooh, I LOVE the craters!!

So, nice job modelling, nice job with the calling in interface, poor job with the user information. (And DO NOT tell me I don't need to know what ordnance they're carrying!!)

All the pictures for the aircraft show the ordnance as 40mm grenades. Some only have a single redline grenade, others have 3 grenades, each up to a green level. WTF?

Please explain....

Thanks,

Ken