Target Main Weapon command.

Sometimes you order a 2 men RPG team to fire at an AFV only to see that, while the RPG gunner goes to a spot from which he has LOS to the intended target, the other guy (that, unfortunately has LOS from the start) harmlessy empties a whole 30 round AK magazine on the vehicle thus drawing the fire of all the enemy units in the area on such a carefully selected ambush position... on the other hand, you might sometimes want to have the rifle armed guy to shoot before the RPG shot, to suppress the target. Since, I presume, it would be difficult to model the TacAI to make the correct decision, I'm wondering whether a "target main weapon" command would be a worthwile addition to this wonderful game.

Regards,

Amedeo

I agree with this, in a realistic wargame sim, soldiers of above conscript or at the most green quality should know not to expose their position by firing ineffective rounds.

On a somewhat related note, it would be cool if each man in a squad was somehow individually selectable for orders. If this was possible you could do things like tell your .50 cal sniper to be the only one firing in his sniper team, or target your javelin/RPG to fire only. In addition to this individual selectability, an order concerning number of rounds fired would be useful, primarily to heavy weapons such as a tank's main gun, RPG, ATGM etc. You could order M1A2 #1 to fire one round into that house. With individual unit modelling in CM:SF, it would seem to be a logical, useful and somewhat easy add in feature. Fuzzy CM:SF dreams are nice.....

That can be a problem for ambushers.

There is a partial solution for the US side only, and that is to split the team - this works for Snipers and AT teams. At least then there are fewer guys to start firing, and greater odds the important one will fire first, but you still cannot get it down to one.

It's a shame that the Red forces have no split team equivalent since the Red AT team is only two guys meaning you'd have control over just the AT guy.

I don't know if the lack of a Red force split team is deliberate or not. I guess the ratioanle is that they have less cohesion and cannot be split so easily, but the RPG-ers are more or less on their own anyway...

TM