Can unconventional forces be removed?

I realize they are an integral part of the campaign, but they annoyed me so much on release that I just gave up. I did use the search function but couldn't find the answer to my question. Which is: Is there a way to remove unconventional forces and/or has anyone made a mod that allows for single play without them?

Thanks

AFAIK for given scenarios / campaigns, “no” unless you use the editor and then the modified scenario / campaign will probably play nothing like what the designer intended.

Just play a different campaign to the included one. There are quite a few “out there” now and I’m sure one will suit your tastes.

Originally posted by cuendillar:

Ok, I'll look for some missions without the UF. Thanks for the speedy reply. Crossing my fingers in hopes my disc installs correctly; somehow it seems to have gone through a war on it's own.

Have a look in the “Scenario and Campaign Design Forum”. Often people advertise their latest product there and give you an overview of what they are about.

Be prepared though to be selective about what you read, some have a fair bit of “spoiler” information as players provide feedback to the developer.