Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

First scenario; yikes

Hello,

I have tried the first scenario on veteran level multiple times, with flanking moves, fast and straight, dismounted, mounted, etc., and all fail.

The far-off missile unit takes out most of the Strykers within minutes, then its downhill from there.

What tactics have players used to beat this scenario?

It seems that I am wiped out before I can even get an artillery strike on target...frustrating.

geek

Abu Susah... I don't remember exactly how was it...

if it's the one which has a road straigh S-N and passes through a village, and close to the road there is some sort of drain...

I advaced dismounted with one pl through it, scouting, keep the Strykers in safe zone (setup), once you get sight on the nasty AT teams use arty from pl Co or dismounted FO (if it's included in the scenario) or even better, use Javelin to kill em.

Once you get rid of these advance with empty strykers with hunt command, and use cover arcs even. But I recommend scouting ahead with infantry, they can advance secure through the drain.

The major problem in this cenario are these AT teams, once you kill them it's not that hard.

An other tactic I usually find usefull against AT teams, specially if there is good open ground and maneouver space, is to advace fast, AT teams will usually miss their targets and you will spot them. In v.1.02 vehicles will use all their available weaponry to supress them automatcly once they spot the AT teams, as well as smoke to to impede LOS (actually this is working quite well, nice addition/fixing in this patch), but you could use cover arcs if you wish. Just one thing, if you are plkaying in RT, be sure that the vehicles don't stop in the worse possible place (issue addional movement orders & target the enemy teams, with area fire if neccessary).

Hope it helps.