Well that was interesting. (A couple movement bugs)

Playing the Causway battle of the campaign, I ordered one of my HQ units to move from the roof of one building to the roof of another a short distance away. Being efficient and highly motivated, these young go getters decided that they didn't need to go down the stairs and so simply started running across the open space between the buildings (about 50 meters). I was playing RT so I don't have a save of it actually happening. This same unit also ended up with all three of its people on different levels.

Same scenario, different units, I ordered an HQ out of a Stryker and onto a building. The ramp comes down, the icon begins to move, all is well and good. A couple minutes later I notice that the icon is only half way to where I ordered it. So I click and find that one man is in the building, though on the wrong floor, one man is about 200 meters from the target in a wall, and one man is stuck on the Stryker jumping in and out of the troop hatch on the top. Nothing I did succeeded in getting the unit back together, including new move orders or telling them to get back on the Stryker and try it again. Further, the Stryker was unable to move and the two MMG units in the Stryker were unable to exit.

Same campaign different mission. I had two MMGs set to provide support for the platoon. Both are happily firing away when suddenly half of each team begins to run away from the MG. After a couple hundred meters they are shot down (I let them go just to see what they were doing). this has happened before (in 1.03) with half of an MMG team running almost across the entire map. Maybe they just felt like going for a little jog.

Hey, I'm not saying do it. I am just saying that I seem to be having less of the LOS issues than a lot of people...

2 difference:

1) I don't play the campaign at all and I only have played a few user made scenarios. I build my oen scenarios for my own enjoyment and play hotseat WEGO almost exclusively.

2) I have reinstalled recently.

Don't jump on BFC or me. I just let people know I have less issues and a hypothesis on why.

Damn it man! Do you know how tired my mouse hand is going to be after all this?

Just kidding. I will probably go ahead and try to do a reinstall. I have had a couple games where the patches don't really seem to take without starting from a clean copy. I have noticed many improvements but it can't hurt to start from a clean canvas. I won't be losing anything I really want to keep as I haven't started making my own scenarios yet.

I noticed the same dispersed squad problem in a few scenarios lately, all seem to involve buildings.

I did the cumulative patch (in other words I had already patched up to 1.03 and installed the 1.04 patch for those who had already installed the 1.03 patch) I wonder if that's part of it (or a red herring).

Nick