Stryker posters and other CMSF musings

Colin

Well I am giddy and there's only 2 screenshots. After reading what the BTS crew said about WW2 and the new engine etc I agree 100%. I only hope a Mac version is done quickly, but will probably end up buying a copy for the PC if it comes out first.

Glad to hear the game is taking a different direction, and I am particularly interested in the C3 implementation. The question I couldn't find an answer to was regarding civilians? Would there be any? I know it doesn't fit in with the scale, etc but in modern combat they are a reality on the battlefield. I want to see the insurgents as "Civilians?" on screen hehe.

As for the Stryker I'm intrigued as it's built here in London, Ontario. I have a few posters of them (and the Canadian Coyote) as a family friend wrote the training manuals for GM Defense (the manuals that GM provide to the US Army so they can train their guys). I will try to find some more prints and I may go down to see if I can get any neat information about the Stryker. The posters have a nice full colour graphic of the Stryker and tell the story of Stryker's MoH. I will post again here assuming I can get these and make them available.

THE EPITOME OF AMERICAN TECHNOLOGY, THE CANADIAN MADE STRYKER ;)

Hmm I'm thinking some sort of layer placed during design representing population density on the map. Obviously it would be tiny as people don't tend to hang around but I think there needs to be some way to limit the CAS and HE that is tossed around.

Basically I'm thinking that unit tacAI would react differently in areas that the scenario designer designated as 'potentially populated'. Perhaps CAS and arty would be delayed and better target ID needed before firing or just hesitation on the MGs etc.