Bug: where do I report this?

c3k

Gents,

Okay, I've found a bug. smile.gif I know, I know, that makes my CM:SF experience unique on this forum.

In the training campaign (I'm learning, dammit!), on "Basic Training" difficulty level, the first scenario. I start with a platoon; 4 Strykers, 3 rifle squads, HQ element, 2 MMG teams. I selected each infantry unit by its icon and loaded it into a Stryker. As suggested by the scenario briefing, I loaded the HQ and both MMG teams together into the Mk 19 Stryker.

Several minutes later I'd advanced halfway down the map to the two hillocks on either side. I unloaded both MMG teams on the left and a squad on the right hillock. The two Strykers with loaded squads were in the middle. I began a prepatory fire. smile.gif Nice graphics. (See, it's not all a gripe.)

Suddenly, to my surprise, tracers began impacting the enemy trenchline from a FIFTH fire position. Hmm, not my left firebase anchor. Not my right position, nor was it either in the middle. WTF?

So, I scrolled ALL THE WAY TO MY SETUP ZONE.

What did I see?

(Wait for it.)

Yeah, baby. A ghost M240B on a tripod in my setup zone. It had no soldiers near it. It had nothing near it except the gently moving grass. Yet, it was firing on the enemy. Cool. Ghosts. Oh, that's the Tom Clancy game. Nevermind.

Anyway, I did not shift-left click my guys. I did not draw a rectangle and forget something. I selected my units by their icons.

This is my second play-through. All my men and equipment are accounted for.

Even if I somehow left out unit, how could this weapon fire???

Yeah, it's a bug...

Anyway, I've got the replay turn left on my computer. Should I save it? Is ANYONE interested?

If I do save it, how can I post a cool picture?

Let me know.

Thanks,

Ken