Love it hate it

I love it and I hate it. I love the eye candy, artillery, modern setting, trying hard to keep my guys alive, and the other stuff that works. I hate the path finding (all most to the point of being unplayable), QB’s are unplayable period, PBEM wow some scenarios are 90 minutes RT or 90 WEGO turns it would take months to play 1 scenario .

Like the target buyer I usually play solo but the AI is so bad it isn’t any fun. The few “good” scenarios are puzzle types and once you play them 2-3 times your done. The AI doesn’t do anything (move, counter attack, ect) so once you solve the puzzle what’s the point of playing. Like most people here I have all 3 CM games and this one is by the most realistic and if/when it’s fixed it will be outstanding.

I have an ideal on the unit shopping debate going on in several threads how does this sound: players get x number of victory points to spend on their victory conditions. Say I get 1000 victory points to spend as the Syrian player, I spend 500 for killing a M1, 100 for killing a AFV, 100 each for holding ground of my choice ( must be a terrain feature, mosque, high ground etc. and 100 for kill/wounding 10% of the US infantry force. What I chose as my force makes no difference save the fact that I would need something to kill an M1. What if my opponent don’t have an M1, well I’m out 500 points, but I chose to put my points there I didn’t have to. I could have spent 500 points on killing 50% of his infantry or holding the ground. I think a system like this would take care of the debate of how many points for this compared to how many for that. Perfect no but better than what we have now which is nothing.

I really want to like this game after 4 years or so of waiting it’s depressing to finally get it and darn near can’t play it because of the well documented problems.

I am terribly disappointed overall. I've been anticipating this title for years.

There may be a light at the end of the tunnel. The game has the potential to be great, but I for one don't know if what doesn't work is actually fixable.

I've played the game *lots* since the 27th. I've tried to love it, I've tried very hard.

Things like sketchy LoS. Terrible AI pathing decisions, when you have held its hand and given it a very precise set of way points to follow.

Non-existent AI. The AI doesn't do anything. You attack and destroy it in place. It's attacks are boneheaded and brainless. It trickles units in slowly to get cut up.

QB's. The AI doesn't work in these at all, AI plans must not be loading because there is even less AI behavior in these than in scenarios. Force selection. Now, I don't particularly care that I can't select what I am playing with directly. However, when I select Medium Mechanized Infantry, I'd like to see what that encompasses. I spent 45 minutes loading quick battles with various Syrian troop load outs trying to find something that was playable.

Last and perhaps the most important.

The game as advertised as Wego and realtime. Yet only realtime is available online.

Yes, got to admit I'm increasingly disappointed with this. Personally, I find the UI ungainly for RTS and it simply becomes a question of who has fastest clicking finger. A wargame/ strategy game shouldn't be a click-fest. Had quite enough of that with TOW (shudder!)

Problems with the AI are well documented, so no need to repeat those.

Disappointed this far, but at least there's always CMBB!