Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Campaign

I must say, I am enjoying this campaign far more than CMBO's or CMBB's. I still think this is one of the best wargames of all time, and while realism is great...this is a game. I always loved the quick battles because I had control over what units I fielded.

Is there ever going to be a campaign that lets us requisition units? This is a common game mechanic, and one that imho adds a lot to a game. Especially one that units are presistant and carry with you. I would love to have some input on what units I field, and in turn become attatched to them because they were "my boys".

Can't tell you how much something silly like pilot experience and kill tracking did for my in Uncommon Valor. Each sortie, especially late game was a nail biting experience because i knew pilots who i had nurtured werent going to come home. I felt genuine pride when my aces tore through zero's and grief when they went down, and relief when they made it back home safe and sound.

Anyhow, heres hoping.

Originally posted by OG_Gleep:

Is there ever going to be a campaign that lets us requisition units? This is a common game mechanic, and one that imho adds a lot to a game. Especially one that units are presistant and carry with you. I would love to have some input on what units I field, and in turn become attatched to them because they were "my boys".

Why not just buy a pet?

There's a lot of good to be said about owning a pet. You can order it around, and care about it, and name it, and everything.

And it's real, you know, so you still remain somewhat connected to the Real World.