Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

New Scen "Open Season"

This is a VERY straight forward Blue attack scen. Play Blue or Red vs AI or H2H. Multiple attack/defend plans. If you like to shoot at things, watch missiles fly, and nice big booms all on an extra large map, you'll want to dl this @ www.CMMODS.com

OpenSeasonOpBlue.jpg

DESIGNER NOTES: There are No Objectives other then the destruction of your enemy. You can receive a maximum of 300 Pts for total destruction or less if incomplete. Play testing generally ended with less then 300 Pts awarded.

nice one! great map with interessting height differences and enough room to do things.

exellently balanced timelimit!

SPOLIERS!!!!

i dont know how many plans there are for the red defense and if its always heavylie reverse slope based...however i got one of those :D

but generally i feel it worked good for me. i kept all my troops reasonable coordinated till te end, close interaction between vehicles and infantry. generally i pushed the scouts forward as soon as it looked clear and a dicoverd position is suppresst and beeing shot up. by continueing about 500m to 750m in front of the main screen with my scouts yielded good and early information on the next enemy locations. however to the end of the map scouts where nearly whiped out compleatly :D

i called it a "all or nothing" from the start and was in to accept high casualties in order to press RED into a surrender. and so they did. won 300 to 48 points through syrian surrender 1 minute befor end.

the name "open season" and than you face a pretty nasty series of revers slope positions, thats also well done. i was in for "open season", until i saw the lonly jeep about in the midle of the map. than i thought that they wont come out anymore and they must be in this low areas i cant see in :D

all in all i had great fun! here my endscreen, you see 2 lost tanks. it doesnt count the other 4 immobilized ones :D

1 bogged and immobilized 150m away from the setupzone, the other 3 got M-killed by kornets.

played in WEGO, Elite; clickable tumb->

openseasonendoh8.th.jpg

[ May 11, 2008, 08:06 AM: Message edited by: Pandur ]