Demo impressions (easy?)

Compliments to the Devs. Great demo. And I am sure a great game. But I am still doubting whether to buy or not to buy. I played the demo, and finished both scenarios. (Elite). Easy wins both, (US side).

How come? Is it because I am used to a faster game play style (Company of Heroes, World in Conflict)? Or am I just a great tactician and strategist? ( I play chess a lot...) Or is it because the game seamlessy connects to my mind? Fact is I won both the scenarios leisurely. (No, I am not bragging.)

What I could try now is play as the Syrians. Will elaborate more when I am done then.

Cheers

The demo is the the first look at CMSF for many customers. It's probably better to reel them in with an easy scenario. Giving them some ballbuster mission as an introduction might very easily frustrate the novice player, resulting in a lost sale.

But try that dawn battle as the Syrians. You'll find you'll need to be a LOT more cautious.

Rest assured! There are plenty of missions that are tough as nails, challenging even for the experienced testers and designers.

Chiming in to point out that with CM there's always more to the game than what's in the box.

The CM-series has an amazingly talented and dedicated following of modders and scenario- and campaign designers, and I am sure this will continue being true with CMSF.

I'm really looking forward to what will come out of the community once people start getting used to the game and the tools.

Well, I played as the Syrians this time, and the first round I got pounded by 2 pairs of Abrams. But the second time, I prepared a little ambush and voila, won...

I understand there are 5 types of AI routines, but the 2nd time Bluefor acted the same as the 1st time.

Anyway, somewhere Matt posted that maybe another demo will be thrown out, so I will wait for that I suppose.

ArdeBee,

don't be worried about the strenght of the AI. If you are interested in real world tactics, there is no alternative to CM. And if you are interested in, it's only a question of time, the AI will be no challenge anymore, no matter what scenario. And when this time has come you will look for human oponents, and then the real thing begins...

[ July 28, 2007, 12:12 PM: Message edited by: Steiner14 ]