Spare Abrams Ammo

In reality that's a rather long process that usually is done by pulling out of the nearby battle area as its a rather complicated and cumbersome process to gain access to the hull storage area. As such, in the constraints of a typical CMSF battle, its unlikey that you would have time or chance to do this.

Think of it this way, its a small tradeoff for us being more than a little generous with letting the 16-18 rounds be transfered from the Storage Bin behind the TC into the Gunners Ready Rack, a process that also can take some time to do (and do it safely without damage to the rounds or crew!).

Madmatt

In reality that's a rather long process that usually is done by pulling out of the nearby battle area as its a rather complicated and cumbersome process to gain access to the hull storage area. As such, in the constraints of a typical CMSF battle, its unlikey that you would have time or chance to do this.

Think of it this way, its a small tradeoff for us being more than a little generous with letting the 16-18 rounds be transfered from the Storage Bin behind the TC into the Gunners Ready Rack, a process that also can take some time to do (and do it safely without damage to the rounds or crew!).

Madmatt

Madmatt

Just a FYI, from data I have (and I researched the bejesus outa this very issue) the defect rate on hull stored rounds is much higher than other rounds. Apparently the hull storage area tends to leak and the cartridge cases on the rounds often degrade or become damaged from the moisture or particles that are introduced.

Have a look at this Safety Guide for M1A1's

http://www.dmva.state.pa.us/paarng_sso/lib/paarng_sso/safety_guides/sg4.doc

Yeah, I am the guy that always researchers the strangest things for our games!

Madmatt

Just a FYI, from data I have (and I researched the bejesus outa this very issue) the defect rate on hull stored rounds is much higher than other rounds. Apparently the hull storage area tends to leak and the cartridge cases on the rounds often degrade or become damaged from the moisture or particles that are introduced.

Madmatt

Madmatt

ex M1 tanker here,

Madmatt and rune are correct. Accessing the Hull Ammo compartment is a pain in the a&&.

The turret has to be traversed over the left front, the blast proof doors are cumbersome to open, the large 120mm rounds are cumbersome for the crew to remove while practicaly sitting on the turret floor. Water can get into the compartments swelling and ruining the 120mm combustible cases. It takes about 5-15 mins to transfer the 6 rounds from Hull to Ready rack.

Transfering from Semi Ready to Ready rack can be quicker for an experienced crew. And all rounds don't have to be transfered at once, the crew can always "plus up" the Ready rack with 3-4 rounds when there is a lull in fighting.

ex M1 tanker here,

Madmatt and rune are correct. Accessing the Hull Ammo compartment is a pain in the a&&.

The turret has to be traversed over the left front, the blast proof doors are cumbersome to open, the large 120mm rounds are cumbersome for the crew to remove while practicaly sitting on the turret floor. Water can get into the compartments swelling and ruining the 120mm combustible cases. It takes about 5-15 mins to transfer the 6 rounds from Hull to Ready rack.

Transfering from Semi Ready to Ready rack can be quicker for an experienced crew. And all rounds don't have to be transfered at once, the crew can always "plus up" the Ready rack with 3-4 rounds when there is a lull in fighting.

ex M1 tanker here,