CM2 and Stalingrad

RCHRD

I remember when CM was due to come out. I saw some screenshots in a gaming mag. They were butt ugly and I decided that I wouldn't buy the game. There were other games in those days that were just as ugly and poor games to boot. But when I played the demo for CMBO I was hooked and have been ever since. CMBB is the only game still on my computer, of the 3. The problem is that it is impossible to make a good Stalingrad map. Will the CM2 Stalingrad mini module have a good map, as in accurate? I have hundreds of photos of the city before and during the battle. Will these help you?

Originally posted by RCHRD:

I remember when CM was due to come out. I saw some screenshots in a gaming mag. They were butt ugly and I decided that I wouldn't buy the game. There were other games in those days that were just as ugly and poor games to boot. But when I played the demo for CMBO I was hooked and have been ever since. CMBB is the only game still on my computer, of the 3. The problem is that it is impossible to make a good Stalingrad map. Will the CM2 Stalingrad mini module have a good map, as in accurate? I have hundreds of photos of the city before and during the battle. Will these help you?

Why do you say this?

Did you see Charlie Kibler's SKULPTURNY PARK? He's the guy that designed the Red Barricades module for ASL - he did a great scenario on actual terrain located very close to the Red Barricades plant, based on photos and actual maps.

I've seen one or two conversions of the Barrikady as well, for CM, that were passable.

Stuff like the Grain Elevator are impossible, as are fortified cellars, etc.

What specifically were you thinking of when you say "impossible"?