Episodic / Micropay Content

MiB

An idea for you guys at BF, something I would be enthusiastic about. Micropay addons ad episodic content.

Basically, just really cheap ($5-$15) addons, which add (for example) the TO&E for additional powers (austrailia, Germany, whatever,) new maps/campaigns, and so forth.

I know I'd love that kind of stuff. Dunno about others.

I think you may potentially get your wish with the modules, though I don't know there thoughts on them.

Back when the game was in development and modules hadn't been solidified as to what they would be, price was up in the air as in regards to content. Judging by how they have talked though I think the idea is that there is to much work involved without enough reward for minor modules. Just a guess though.

I personally dont like episodic content, you almost feel this urge that you MUST buy it whether you will it enjoy it or not. Most of the "modules" in present day games are nothing more than reskinned memes that act exactly the same as the content before it. I guess i can point to games like the Battlefield Series(s), or the Tony Hawk Series - very little in the changing of the core game itself.

Of course this is not to discount the BF series, i quite enjoyed all of the previous games thoroughly. I have though come to expect with every new game a massive leap forward in the game itself - as CMBB was to CMBO.

Currently i feel that it would behoove BFC to add a great deal of content into say CMx2 WWII, as opposed to small content. I think this because so many people were let down by CMSF compared to previous releases, that it would kind of be a slap to the face to have to pay over and over again for what they gave us for free in CMx1. I'm pretty sure this has all been discussed previously however.