Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Behaviour selection for human player AI!?

Pandur

after thinking about the editor and its possibility to influence the behaviour of the AI, i came to the point that i want to do this too smile.gif

in fact 3 simple buttons in the "administrative"(or elsewhere) panel could do the trick.

"coutious" "normal" and "active" , where normal is the default selected.

this could roughly set the volume of fire, their likeliness to engage and disengage, etc.

as example, units in revers slope or wich show a yellow target line are ignored now by the own tac-AI, that could be changed for "active" for example.

one could do all sort of things with behaviours, also behaviour changes at waypoints would be interessting than, however i dont know if all that is doable and can be considered worth it in some way or the other.

someone else thinks that could be usefull!?

the tac ai shoots when it has a good shot with yellow, at least it did pre 1.05, I like low walls so much i havent hardly played 1.05. I mean I sometimes saw one or a few guys shooting an enemy out of los to the whole squad, but in los to then, like yellow now represents. but it could be a good feature i cant hink about it now.

Originally posted by Pandur:

after thinking about the editor and its possibility to influence the behaviour of the AI, i came to the point that i want to do this too smile.gif

in fact 3 simple buttons in the "administrative"(or elsewhere) panel could do the trick.

"coutious" "normal" and "active" , where normal is the default selected.

this could roughly set the volume of fire, their likeliness to engage and disengage, etc.

as example, units in revers slope or wich show a yellow target line are ignored now by the own tac-AI, that could be changed for "active" for example.

one could do all sort of things with behaviours, also behaviour changes at waypoints would be interessting than, however i dont know if all that is doable and can be considered worth it in some way or the other.

someone else thinks that could be usefull!?

I don't think I understand what you are talking about.

You mean in the Editor? Or ingame?

The editor has exactly that already!

You mean to do that for the player's forces? To automate the behavior?

---

You mean to do that for the player's forces?
exactly.

i think of the possibility to set a behaviour for the AI in the "Editor" is a "advantage" for the AI so to say. why not give it to the player too!?

To automate the behavior?
i dont mean to automate anything but just to set if my guys are carefull, normal or active while in the battle, for each squad/team and vehicle maybe.

in summ i dont want to have more than the effects it has on the AI in the editor(at least smile.gif ).

just as example;

"coutious" could tell the troops to try and not get spotted, engage only at real good possibilities, disengage at small amounts of suppression, low ammo usage and so on...

"normal" could be used for the same but normal.

"active" could be used to make em engage agressively->expend much ammo, keep their heads up longer(if possible).

something along that line i have in mind, that makes em less to the "universal soldier" wich behaves allways the same.

but i guess it would be a hell to code the Tac-AI for 3 different behaviours, so lets see, maybe CMx3 will have behaviours smile.gif

the tac ai shoots when it has a good shot with yellow, at least it did pre 1.05
hm, since 1.05 i never saw it happen, and i played quiet some 1.05 battles since the patch was released.

i have to watch a minute, and than manual babysit them to engage, wich blows their cover arc...

I think he means in game. I definitely think that more control would be a good thing. For example, it would be nice to click on a rocket icon and then the squad would try to use that weapon (or anything else like javelins). Now if I want to use the javelin, the whole squad wastes a ton of ammo firing their rifles until the target is dead or I manually have them cease fire.

While we're wishing, I'd like the red button to pause in rt, and another button to bring up a list of my units, where I could see everything I have without having to click on every single unit. This button would allow me to go to any unit instantly and I would be able to organize my forces better.

I also would like to be able to "acquire" anything from any unit to any other unit.