Video problems on PC

I'm currently running the demo I downloaded a few days ago and I am running into a few problems on the video aspect of the game.

First, my system details

350mhz K6-II chip

8meg AGP graphics card

64meg SDRAM

Windows ME (I know, I am returning to Win 98)

When I play chance encounter, this problem is rare, but the other demo scenario that takes place on the Zigfried Line the problem is much more prevelent.

It will start with flickering of trees and the terrain at the top of my screen suddenly repeating itself in long lines as I move around to view the board. This is usually followed by long flickering black squares appearing over the blocks of trees and other bit of terrain such as pill boxes and things. Also the horizon is a real pain in the but, often this is where the problem starts and then the horizen goes black or just repeats hundreds of terrain features over and over again.

My usual fix is to hit <escape> and return to my desktop, then maximize the game again by hitting the button on the tool bar. But when I have to do this three or four times per round in the game, it is getting a little out of hand.

I want to order the game real bad, trying to find ways to get the cash to do it in the next week, but if I am not going to be able to run any scenarios except the wide open ones, it isn't worth it to me right now, hopefully someone has an idea.

Thanx in advance,

Vitalis

CM is fairly bug-free. The issue that you're running into is most likely caused by your video drivers (there is also the slight chance that your video card has an overheating component). If you're lucky there may be a driver update that may help with this problem. What video card do you have or do you know what video chip it is based on ? If you can give us this info, we can point you to some sources for newer drivers (if they exist).