Possible Model Competition.

I thought this might be fun.

Given that most of us have seen the Beta pictures of CM:SF, prior to it's realise we could first post pictures of real places in Syria, and then choose one from those posted as the subject for the competition ( or more than one).

Then when the game is realised people would post screen shots of their model of it, the idea being to see who could make the most realistic and acccurate version.

The competition would be open ended as people would get better and better at modeling, and there wouldn't be a prize.

Oh and no one from BF would be allowed to enter.

I know this forum can be used for voting but BF have never enabled it or used it so that might be an outside option.

As an aside, has this ever been done with CMx1 games.

Peter.

Problem with the fly over picture is I doubt if the landscape pallet will be able to do motorway style bridges, although I think the US Embassy in Damascus might be a good model even as a Prequel scenario.

r106463_328701.jpg

syriab0912.jpg

_42078046_syria_maarrat_map2032.gif

Unfortunately I can only find small photos, pretty much from the same angle.

I don't think it will work if we go for something that will take a couple of hundred hours of work.

This is a good picture and more along the lines i was thinking about but it's probably far too big, we need something like it but smaller I'd say.

http://image05.webshots.com/5/9/12/9/65891209pPkrmm_fs.jpg?track_pagetag=/page/photo/outdoors/mountains&track_action=/ViewActions/FullSize

Peter.