CD "spins up" during movie

This just started the other day. After I input my moves and hit "GO", sometimes halfway through the movie and at other times right at the end of the movie, I hear the CD "spin up" and the action freezes for 2-3 seconds and then the action resumes.

I've recently added some mods and I was wondering if that may have something to do with it. But I added the mods a few days before this began.

Any clues?

I've had this happen with several applications (both game and non-game) on two different computers over the last three years. Well, to be accurate, at least on my present computer I'm not seeing any hesitation yet, but it sure did on my last one.

I'll be right in the middle of something and give it a command, and I can hear the CD player start thundering away. Worries me that the sucker is going to wear itself out. I've recently acquired the habit of emptying the CD player whenever I am running a program that does not actually require a CD.

Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

Any clues?

Nary a one. Cyberjuju.

Michael

I'd suggest reinstalling CMBO, in its default form, to another directory and see if the problem repeats itself with a different installation. It's possible that something in your installation is corrupt and the CD is being read to load it up. However I would have thought that this would occur before the movie is played, but possibly not.

Originally posted by Sgt Shultz:

I get the same thing. It seemed to start after I installed a whole bunch of mods. Removing the CD after start up seems to solve the problem.

What I may do is remove the last set of mods I installed. All they were were some skins for armor...not that important. Another thing that's interesting is that it only occurs during PBEM plays. If I just play a game against the AI it doesn't happen. Weird, huh?