overlapping on screen!

Please help us with this one! Having read the messages between happystomper and sc :confused: hrullenhaft from October we have installed a new video card and driver - GeForce4 MX 420 and nVidia - which has solved our problem of not getting the 3D maps up, although everything else was there!

now we seem to be having a problem with the actual game. The main menu page option bars over lap each other and, when we go into play a scenario the right hand side of the info panel is off the screen. Obviously this limits playing capability! Have tried to change resolution of screen without much success. Thought we had done it and re-installed the game but it didn't ask to accept the graphics in the white box, but just went straight into the intro screen.

Any help gratefully received as have now spent a week trying to get onto the game and partner is climbing the walls!

What resolution and refresh rate are you running at ? It's possible to select 640x480, but as you've seen things on the screen get truncated because they require 800x600 at a minimum.

Delete the Combat Mission BB Prefs in the CMBB directory (wherever you have it installed). This will force the resolution selection process when you launch CMBB again.

Aaaagh! Really sorry but need even more help!

We were running at 60Hz refresh and screen resolution was on 800 x 600. Having tried to muck about with resolutions while waiting or a reply we now have even more problems. Have removed the Prefs files as suggested.

this is how I have done so far... (sorry its long winded)... CMBB installed, removed Quicktime (although it still seems to stay on the add/remove list??), installed both directx 8.1 and nVidia from new driver disk after installed 3D card. NOW we cant get CMBO to run at all - it just appears as a small icon on start task bar and wont respond let alone open program. Same is happening with CMBB but also we are getting messages saying either "cannot initilise 3D graphics" which i know are there, or more recently "cannot find C:\PROGRAM~1\CMBB\COMBAT~1\xxxxx" followed by "could not execute the external program C:\PROGRAM~1\CMBB\COMBAT~1" !!!!!

as you can probably understand I am getting a little frustrated now, and its not even my game - I just get to sort it out! I dont have huge knowledge of jargon terms, a bit like happystomper, but I DO know that it was working once before, we just had truncated graphics on it. We have even tried uninstalling and reinstalling both these games around three times each and nothing seems to work. Please help me if you can, I have run out of options!!! Thanks, Sam. :eek:

Just a quick P.S.

we didnt get the white box forcing to accept the resolutions after we delted the Prefs, it just launched again? Is this right? It work with CMBO but not CMBB but as you can see from above message that didnt last long either. Our system is only 6 months old so cant figure this one at all! :confused: :confused: