Jerky Setup/Order Phase

IN CM:BO I have no problems during the actual gameplay scenes (except for no AA, damn radeon) but when I go to give orders that game becomes jumpy as I move a TARGETTING LINE or any type of line such as move, run, or whatever. I'll select a guy, choose move and then it is jerky as i move the mouse around. What gives?

Any advice would be great

I have a P4 2.4 ghz. Radeon 9700 video card. 512 mb pc 2700 ram.

Thanks

Wait a minute, you cant be having trouble! You've got my "Dream Machine".

I know your looking for answers to jerky game play, but I gotta ask, why/what doesnt Radeon support AA?

Im shopping for a similar system [sans2.4 for 2.6]

& would like to hear your system performs like magic

in all gaming respects [other than vid card problem on CM?].

Ofcourse, you have done the latest driver download?

No, the machine is working good. The reason the radeon doesn't AA this game is cause it is 16 bit game. The radeon is built for the future which is 32 bit. It looks great on other games and will perform even better with DX 9. I think it is a bug or compatibility issue with winXP that causes the jerky, it runs super smooth during game play.

When it gets jerky are you playing a large scenario with lots of units? Is it a town map with lots of buildings? When you are trying to plot a waypoint, or use the LOS tool, does it take the line a second or so to catch up with your cursor? If so, this is normal I think, even for fast machines. Big scenarios with lots of buildings and units really give systems a workout.

When it gets real difficult to plot, I find it best to just go to view five or six, scroll the map with the arrow keys, and plot my waypoints.

Treeburst155 out.

[ November 07, 2002, 10:55 PM: Message edited by: Treeburst155 ]