Please Help, T-72 config does not show up

Hi All,

I think I made a mistake by using steam to buy this game. In the pdf manual it talks about the T-72 config utility where you can tune a bunch of

different settings to get the game to run better. The path to the manual says to navigate to and run this utility doesnt exsist on a Steam purchase/install. I found where the game resides in the folder but I dont see "T-72 Configuration" anywhere. I do see a cfg.bat file but when I try to run it I get a "problem checking steam application" error even though steam is up & running fine.I am a long time gamer & tweaker so I dont think I'm missing anything obvious. I need to turn that hi poly grass setting off to get decent frames but cant without that utility. Please help me if ya can!

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

You should be able to still access the configuration utility by creating your own .bat which has the following statement in it:

bin\core.exe i_startmode:startmode, bin, -p:cache\cfgmode.ca

Save that batch file and launch it when you want to get into the config mode.

The Steam version was not published by Battlefront and I have not seen it myself so I am not sure why they didnt include this.

Madmatt

• 2 weeks later...

Oinnk said

im with above...how to make bat would be realy realy nice.....im a steam buyer to
Yeah...c'mon Madmatt, throw us poor starving Steam buyers a bone!!!Tell us how to make a .bat file to access these utilities! Give us what Steam denies us! The truth will set us free! (I really...really want to get rid of those faint annoying "ghost voices"!)

Thanks again,

Ceedub

small update from strategy first, here is the answer to my "heads up" mail to them

Hello Lars;

We have seen this problem before with steam downloads. This

Has to be frustrating for you, and I apologize for the inconvenience this is

causing you. I am trying to get some answers from them so we can have this

issue resolved. The second I get some news I will contact you, I promise.

Best Regards,

XXXX (Name known to poster)

---

Strategy First Technical Support

Making a batch file is as easy as opening notepad. Pasting in the statement I listed above, and saving it with the .bat extension. Thats all there is to it.

Of course, you could just download this premade batch file I made for you. Put this in your T72 game folder and doubleclick it to run.

ftp://ftp.battlefront.com/pub/misc/T72/cfg.bat

Madmatt

That's a ditto Madmatt. I saved your .bat to my Iron Warriors folder and tried to run it...got the same message as Oiink. Same message I've been getting whenever I try and activate those files.

But there's hope...I received an email response from Strategyfirst tech support acknowledging the problem with Steam downloads and that they were looking into the issue. Nice to know that they care and are trying to help,just like you guys!

I think that we'll be sorting this out soon.

Thanks again everyone.

Ceedub

Toronto

Hello...?

Anyone out there?

It seems that my optimism on my Sept.12th post was...well...too optimistic !

Will we get an answer to this issue of missing or inoperable cfg files?

Nothing from Steam...StrategyFirst or Battlefront.

No replies since the first emails and postings acknowledging the problem with Steam downloads.

C'mon! Someone step up and tell us what's being done.

We've been patient enough. It seems that this community is being stonewalled.

All the well meaning advice thats been posted on this forum by Madmatt et al, although much appreciated, is getting us nowhere!

Okay...I feel better now ! ;)

Cheers,

Ceedub