Joystick Issues [New Question]

I have a Logitech Wingman FF Pro.

Using the included software I had no problems remapping the buttons.

The problem: Balkans on Fire keeps using its own map for the joystick and I can't seem to change it. I've reconfigured the control sheme in the menues and matched it to my software profile. No luck. No matter how I try to remap the joystick buttons Balkans on Fire will only use it's on set.

My question: is there a way to disable the game's preset map for the joystick?

And yes, joystick's active in config, etc...

Great, nice to get some answers. Are there any plans to fix this in an upcoming patch? Seems like a pretty glaring omission to leave joystick mapping out of a tank sim.

Any answers for my previous question regarding the 'pulsating' gunner view? Known issue? Planned fix? Can't be fixed?

aleader, it's not a known issue, no. I *think* somebody has reported something similar on the forum last year, but AFAIR he was able to fix it by changing some graphics settings. You could probably use the search feature of the forum to sig it out.

The game was designed to be primarily played with keys. Joystick support is secondary, which is why there is no re-mapping support. Part of the problem from what I gather was that the Russian developers had only limited access to joysticks to properly test it.

Martin

aleader, I just spoke with the person who had this problem (pulsating gunner view), and the solution involved:

- reducing your video card AA and AF settings to "application preference"

- updating video drivers

Maybe it's worth a try.

Martin

Ok, thanks. I'll try it and report my findings. Of note, it doesn't always happen right off the bat. I can sometimes shoot a few (or several) rounds before it starts pulsing. It only happens in the gunner view, which seems pretty odd.

• 3 months later...

Update: got a spanking 'new' XXX 7600GT vid card the other day and thought I'd try the T-72 demo to see if the gunner view problem may have been ATI related (my last card - X1600Pro). Installed latest Nvidia drivers, installed T-72 demo...still pulsating...only in gunner view. Obviously not a driver issue.